Tuesday, November 24, 2009

A little behind...

This last couple of weeks has been so busy. The lead up to Christmas starts early when you have to post 80% of your gifts overseas. I'm feeling a little overwhelmed and that's the polite way of putting it.

Sorry my blogging has been so sporadic. Sometimes you have to make choices and unfortunately feeding kids, working and sleeping occasionally has to take priority over time on the computer! Hopefully after this weekend things will calm down. So much has happened that I want to blog about if I get a chance.

Sian, my eldest, is in Canberra on a school trip, I made, wrote and posted almost 50 Christmas cards and wrapped, weighed and posted 30 gifts in 8 parcels costing in excess of $250 in postage alone. I'm feeling financially stressed but glad to be contributing to the Australian economy via the Post Office.... I gave my Constipation lecture in work. I feel lighter now :-) Gareth will be 7 tomorrow! I made invitations to his birthday party to look like Pokemon trading cards which used up one of my valuable days off work, that must explain why the house looks like someone broke in and trashed it before sprinkling little bits of crumbs and dirt all over the floors. We have had outrageously hot 40 degree days followed by rain and 21 degrees followed by 36 degrees and sunny again. Gareth forgot his sunscreen on his face on one of the 40 degree days and has lobster red face with white eyes where his swimming goggles were.... It will make for great birthday photos! Tonight I am making 33 ice-cream cone cakes for Byron to bring in to Gareths class in the morning to celebrate his birthday. I will be leaving for work at 6.30am and hope to wake Gar in time to open a present or two with me. It's days like this I hate being a working mum. Then there is payday and that is when I am grateful I have a job in this economic climate.

I'm glad I got all that off my chest. So now you all know why I am a little behind.... If only I really had a little behind, sigh!

3 comments - click here to leave your comment:

  1. You do sound as if you are busy....and definitely contributing to your local economy with your Christmas posts. The unfortunate side effect of living far away from those you want to remember I suppose.

    Hopefully things will settle in for you soon and you will have a chance to catch your breath. :)

     
  2. You do sound as if you are busy....and definitely contributing to your local economy with your Christmas posts. The unfortunate side effect of living far away from those you want to remember I suppose.

    Hopefully things will settle in for you soon and you will have a chance to catch your breath. :)

     
  3. Oops....sorry for the double post!